Gottlieb Paludan Architects headed the renovation of Ordrup S-train Station which is situated north of Copenhagen. Ordrup Station was built in neoclassical style in 1924 and a preservation order was issued for the building in 1992. The station serves the C S-train line, connecting Frederikssund and Klampenborg.
This project was part of a comprehensive refurbishment programme for DSB S-train stations, but due to its preservation status, the renovation of Ordrup Station demanded a special approach. The architectural work consisted in recreating original features of the building, and we undertook this specialist work in collaboration with the Danish Agency for Culture.
On the basis of an archaeological colour analysis, the station’s surfaces were restored to the original colour scheme. The waiting-room walls are ochre yellow and the woodwork, panels and benches are dark grey. Doors and window frames are dark brown in contrast to the light façades.